FIFA says it invested $2.79 bln through development programme from 2016-22

FIFA says it invested $2.79 bln through development programme from 2016-22

PARIS (Agencies): FIFA provided $2.79 billion to its member associations and confederations for investment in soccer development over the first two cycles of its Forward Development Programme, the world governing body said in a report on Friday. Two iterations of the programme – a three-year and four-year cycle – have been completed since it was launched in May 2016, with FIFA committing money to a diverse array of local projects. “With the third cycle of the FIFA Forward Development Programme now underway, we have the perfect opportunity to reflect on the programme’s achievements since its launch in 2016,” FIFA President Gianni Infantino said. “From the very start, we pledged that revenues generated by football would be used for the benefit of our sport all around the world; for girls and boys, for women and men, and we have been as good as our word.”

In the period up to and including 2022, around 80% of the funds ––– $2.24 billion ––– went to FIFA’s 211 member associations, with the remainder going to the confederations and regional associations, the report said. The associations spent the funds on building new, or maintaining existing, infrastructure, developing domestic competitions and covering running costs related to administration and governance. FIFA added that over 1,600 projects with a “long-term impact on football” had been approved between 2016 and 2022, with almost a third relating to football infrastructure including technical centres and stadiums. FIFA said member association will receive up to $8 million to support their development activities during the third edition of the programme, which began its four-year cycle in January.

 

 

...

Related post

Pakistan selectors recall Babar, name three uncapped players for Australia ODIs

Pakistan selectors recall Babar, name three uncapped players for…

Staff Report LAHORE: Pakistan cricket selectors on Friday recalled Babar Azam for the three-match ODI series against Australia at home, which…
Two Indian climbers die on Mount Everest

Two Indian climbers die on Mount Everest

KATHMANDU (Agencies): Two Indian climbers have died on Mount Everest during a record-breaking period of ascents via Nepal’s southern route, as…
North Korea’s Naegohyang beat Tokyo Verdy to win Asian women’s title

North Korea’s Naegohyang beat Tokyo Verdy to win Asian…

SUWON (Agencies): North Korea’s Naegohyang won the Asian Women’s Champions League with a 1-0 victory over Tokyo Verdy Beleza of Japan…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *