Frenchman Gasquet, 38, to retire after Roland Garros

Frenchman Gasquet, 38, to retire after Roland Garros

PARIS (Agencies): Former world number seven Richard Gasquet will retire after the French Open next year, the Frenchman announced on Thursday, bringing the curtain down on a 22-year career. The 38-year-old is a twice Wimbledon semi-finalist and a one-time U.S. Open semi-finalist. His best outing at Roland Garros came in 2016 when he reached the quarter-finals. Gasquet has won 16 ATP Tour titles, with the latest coming in Auckland last year. “I think that it is the best moment for me to do it,” Gasquet told French daily L’Equipe. “It is the best tournament to do it. It’s magnificent, we have the chance being French to be able to stop in these kind of incredible places. “An end, it’s always complicated, all the former great players always told me it’s not easy to announce. You never know when, how, where. Here, in any case, it is obvious.”

 

 

...

Related post

Sinner wins Italian Open to complete Masters collection

Sinner wins Italian Open to complete Masters collection

ROME (Agencies): Jannik Sinner beat Norway’s Casper Ruud 6-4 6-4 in the Italian Open final on Sunday to complete a sweep…
Di Giannantonio wins Catalan Grand Prix, Alex Marquez hurt in horror crash

Di Giannantonio wins Catalan Grand Prix, Alex Marquez hurt…

BARCELONA (Agencies): Ducati rider Fabio Di Giannantonio triumphed in a crash-hit Catalunya MotoGP on Sunday which saw Alex Marquez taken to…
England’s Rai wins PGA Championship for first major title

England’s Rai wins PGA Championship for first major title

NEWTOWN SQUARE (Agencies): Aaron Rai won his first major title on Sunday by capturing the PGA Championship, making birdies on four…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *