Jon Rahm taking a long break after ‘winless’ season

Jon Rahm taking a long break after ‘winless’ season

LONDON (Agencies): Jon Rahm said he is taking a break from competition and will return for the LIV Golf season opener in February. The 30-year-old Spaniard did not win any tournaments in 2025, although he did capture the Ryder Cup with Team Europe last month and the individual season-long championship with LIV Golf in August. The two-time major winner had won at least one tournament every year since his first full season as a pro in 2017. “I’ve never had three months off, but I’m looking forward to it,” Rahm told Ten Golf following Sunday’s T9 finish at the Spanish Open in Madrid. “Other athletes have it, and we’ll see. I’m lucky to be able to go home now, have a preseason, be a father, be with my family, and well, if I see that it’s too much, then maybe I won’t do it next year, but I’m looking forward to it.” The break will be closer to four months, with LIV Golf teeing off the 2026 season on Feb. 5 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

...

Related post

Sinner wins Italian Open to complete Masters collection

Sinner wins Italian Open to complete Masters collection

ROME (Agencies): Jannik Sinner beat Norway’s Casper Ruud 6-4 6-4 in the Italian Open final on Sunday to complete a sweep…
Di Giannantonio wins Catalan Grand Prix, Alex Marquez hurt in horror crash

Di Giannantonio wins Catalan Grand Prix, Alex Marquez hurt…

BARCELONA (Agencies): Ducati rider Fabio Di Giannantonio triumphed in a crash-hit Catalunya MotoGP on Sunday which saw Alex Marquez taken to…
England’s Rai wins PGA Championship for first major title

England’s Rai wins PGA Championship for first major title

NEWTOWN SQUARE (Agencies): Aaron Rai won his first major title on Sunday by capturing the PGA Championship, making birdies on four…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *