Nadal confirms comeback at Barcelona Open, to face Cobolli

Nadal confirms comeback at Barcelona Open, to face Cobolli

BARCELONA (Agencies): Rafa Nadal has confirmed he will play this week’s Barcelona Open in what will be the Spaniard’s first tournament since January. “I arrived here a bit like in a last minute decision as I didn’t know if I was going to be able to play,” the 22-time Grand Slam champion told a press conference on Monday. “Tomorrow I’m going to be on the court.” The 37-year-old Nadal, whose last ATP Tour match was in Brisbane in January, withdrew from last week’s Monte Carlo Masters, saying his body was not ready for competition. Former world number one Nadal has said he expects to retire after the 2024 season but is desperate to play at the French Open where he has won a record 14 titles. Nadal’s appearance in Brisbane was his first match in almost a year in which he was sidelined by a hip flexor injury. He has won the Barcelona title on 12 occasions but has not played in the claycourt event since 2021. His first match will be against 21-year-old Italian Flavio Cobolli on Tuesday.

...

Related post

Pakistan selectors recall Babar, name three uncapped players for Australia ODIs

Pakistan selectors recall Babar, name three uncapped players for…

Staff Report LAHORE: Pakistan cricket selectors on Friday recalled Babar Azam for the three-match ODI series against Australia at home, which…
Two Indian climbers die on Mount Everest

Two Indian climbers die on Mount Everest

KATHMANDU (Agencies): Two Indian climbers have died on Mount Everest during a record-breaking period of ascents via Nepal’s southern route, as…
North Korea’s Naegohyang beat Tokyo Verdy to win Asian women’s title

North Korea’s Naegohyang beat Tokyo Verdy to win Asian…

SUWON (Agencies): North Korea’s Naegohyang won the Asian Women’s Champions League with a 1-0 victory over Tokyo Verdy Beleza of Japan…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *