UEFA hands lifetime ban to Czech coach who secretly filmed female players

UEFA hands lifetime ban to Czech coach who secretly filmed female players

  • World
  • May 20, 2026
  • No Comment
  • 8

PARIS (Agencies): UEFA has issued a lifetime ban to Petr Vlachovsky, a Czech women’s soccer coach who secretly filmed his players, the governing body announced on Tuesday. Czech media reported that the coach was convicted in May 2025 and initially received a suspended one-year prison sentence and a five-year domestic coaching ban for filming FC Slovacko’s players in changing rooms, the youngest of whom was 17. According to the indictment cited by the Czech media, Vlachovsky confessed and ​expressed regret. In a statement, UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) said ⁠it had decided to ban Vlachovsky “from exercising any football-related activity for life” following the appointment of an Ethics and Disciplinary Inspector to investigate allegations of potential misconduct. “The CEDB further decided to request FIFA to extend the abovementioned ban on a worldwide level and to order the Football Association of the Czech Republic to revoke Mr. Petr Vlachovsky’s coaching licence,” the statement added.

Vlachovsky had also previously served as coach of the Czech women’s Under-19s team. “This is a deeply serious and distressing matter which came to light in 2023 and had a significant impact on our ⁠club, and above all on the players affected,” a spokesperson for FC Slovacko said. “From the moment we became aware of the allegations, the club acted immediately, terminated its cooperation with the former coach, and cooperated with the relevant authorities. “Throughout this process, the club has regarded itself as an injured party ⁠and has treated the matter with the utmost seriousness, sensitivity and respect for those affected.” The club’s spokesperson said it had no contact with Vlachovsky and Reuters was unable to reach him or his representatives. Football ⁠players’ union FIFPRO welcomed the ban as well as UEFA’s request for world soccer governing body FIFA to impose an international ban on Vlachovsky. “This outcome sends a strong and necessary message ⁠that abusive and inappropriate behaviour has no place in football and that safeguarding the wellbeing of players must remain a priority at every level of the game,” FIFPRO added in a statement.

 

 

...

Related post

Bangladesh complete 2-0 Test series whitewash over Pakistan

Bangladesh complete 2-0 Test series whitewash over Pakistan

DHAKA (Agencies): Bangladesh defeated Pakistan by 78 runs in the second Test at Sylhet International Cricket Stadium on Wednesday to clinch…
Arsenal become Premier League champions for first time in 22 years

Arsenal become Premier League champions for first time in…

LONDON (Agencies): Arsenal ended their 22-year wait to win the Premier League title on Tuesday when they were confirmed as champions…
Fakhar Zaman, Saim Ayub ruled out of ODI series against Australia

Fakhar Zaman, Saim Ayub ruled out of ODI series…

Staff Report LAHORE: Opening batters Fakhar Zaman and Saim Ayub have been ruled out of the upcoming one-day international (ODI) series…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *